21 December 2012
best fashion writing of 2012
OK, as soon as I wrote the longform list I realised I should probably do a fashion-specific round-up too. It’s not strictly longform, but it is a list of things I liked enough to bookmark and revisit. The Fashion section of my longform folder is by far the biggest, even if it’s not all longform, and here are the ones that I liked the most in 2012.
- Rei Kawakubo: exclusive Q&A, Miles Socha, WWD
- i-N Conversation; Sarah Mower, Anders Christian Madsen, i-D online.
- London WHO’S WHO: Shaun Samson, Charlie Porter, charlieporter.net
- How eBay Became a Fast-Fashion Graveyard, Jillian Goodman, The Cut
- Personal Style: Simon Crompton, Jamie Millar, GQ UK
- A Changing of the Guard, Eric Wilson, The New York Times
- Sally Singer interview, Stevie Dance, Oyster
- Peter Pilotto Spring 2013 review, Maya Singer, Style.com (Sometimes you need to remember what a perfectly-written show review looks like)
- Words for Kids who Love Fashion, Danielle Meder, finalfashion.ca
- How to Write About Dressing Well, Fiona Duncan, Bullett (I really didn’t agree with the thrust of this article, but it’s a great important read)
Again, if I’m leaving any out, let me know?